Mark your article up with music from Spotify that would go well with it, and have Gazify track the reader's gaze on your article and play back different music for every paragraph on it.
- Set music to your music review article. No need for "play" buttons, or links to Spotify; merely the act of reading about the early years of the artist's career will play back music from that era.
- Set the mood for your piece. Cross-fade between Brian Eno and marching music.
- Crowd-source suitable background music for an entire book.
Great many thanks to the open source project OpenGazer.
Hacked together by Spotify developers Johan Björk, Joachim Bengtsson and Felix Bruns.
Ideas for taking this project forward
Estimated costs for taking this project forward
A few weekends of hacking
About the data used for this project
- We looked for the HTML tag attribute 'gazemusic' in whatever page was loaded.
- Used libspotify for playback.
- Used FireBreath for making the browser plugin
Add photos by tagging them with rewiredstate:project="gazify"