National Hack The Government is an annual hack day run by Rewired State. As well as bringing great people together to have a fun hacking and building things, we hope to improve transparency, open data and relationships between the Government and active hacking citizens. We do this by holding a competitive event every year for creating prototypes and building ingenious (and occasionally tongue-in-cheek ) projects that help improve state services or use open UK government data.
For 2014; our 6th year we hosted an even bigger event with hyper local communities hacking around local data, issues and problems bringing in the National part in the title to life. For more info, have a look at the National Hack the Government microsite
Aims of National Hack the Government
- To get everyone together, faces old and new to have a great time doing what we love.
- To spark better use of open government data and improvement of public services.
- To support more people getting into civic hacking.
- To help people build upon their skills, knowledge and networks by making things.
- To let government know that there is a network of people available to help improve services.
- To keep all of this going throughout the year not just over the hack weekend
NHTG 2014 was supported by